Rise Services, Inc.
AZ Lead Direct Support Professional Mesa DTA (62214)
RISE is an innovative human services network originally established in 1987 for the purpose of moving individuals living in institutions into family settings. Since that time, services have grown to support children, adults, and families with a variety of needs across multiple states that include residential settings, day programs, employment assistance, managed care, and home and community based services. Since inception, our purpose and mission has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
Our mission is to create opportunities for and with people. This encompasses not only individuals and families for whom we provide services and supports to, but also employees and stakeholders. We believe in the individuals, families and employees who are part of our organization and that opportunities can and should be created through all of our actions.
RISE is in a search to hire an individual to help us create new and meaningful opportunities for the people we support.
We are hiring a full-time Lead Direct Support Professional in our Day Program Center located in Mesa, AZ
Want to hear more?
If you enjoy leading people and helping others and wish to give back to the community then this is an excellent way to make a difference. The DTA Program Team Lead DSP position involves working with people with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities. This position includes program supervisory, administrative and transportation responsibilities along with direct-care requirements in our Day Program Center setting.
- A desire, interest and experience in working with people with disabilities or special needs required.
- Must be able to physically assist people as needed, which may include lifting and/or physically supporting them with or without assistance from another person and train staff in learning these supports.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, communication and problem solving skills required
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision is a must
- Detail-oriented and able to work with and abide by state and organizational rules and policies
- Must be over twenty-one (21) years to drive a RISE vehicle and meet other requirements as specified by the RISE Insurance Agency
- Must have the ability to successfully pass background check, obtain Level One Fingerprint Card clearance and drug test
- Specific language abilities (other than English) may be required to meet the needs of the people/families receiving support, and demonstrate a knowledge of and respect for cultural differences.
Additional Candidacy Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license, minimum of twenty-one years of age and meet driver requirements as specified by RISE Insurance Agency
- Must be able to complete a successful background check, driving record check, drug test and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Our FT DSP employees are offered excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision coverages, vacation and sick hour accrual and a 403(b) retirement plan that includes an employer contribution.
If you are looking for an occupation where you can create a profound relationship as a mentor and a community advocate, RISE is the place for you!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
(c) US mail - 4554 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206- Attn Human Resources
(d) Dedicated phone 1-866-242-2714 Option 1 (Employment Opportunities) DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.