Rise Services, Inc.
Residential Assistant Director - La Grande (61702)
La Grande, OR
RISE is currently looking to hire an Assistant Director who will oversee the operations of 3-5 group homes in the La Grande area. Do you have experience supervising group homes and have high attention to detail? This is the role for you!
What does this position entail?
Your role as an Assistant Director will involve managing quality assurance and ongoing development of 3-5 group homes. Ideally, you are someone with an eye for quality assurance and detail, strong leadership abilities, reliable follow through, and a passion for serving our community. Your day will encompass training compliance, ensuring health needs are met along with providing quality of life to our clients, providing leadership to group home managers and handling employee relations. Maintaining frequent contact and communication with families, managers, county/state personnel and Direct Support Professionals is necessary.
Who are we?
RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in home and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
- 1-3 years experience in the developmental disability/mental health field is preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in a leadership position is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Services, Psychology or other related field and equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some travel required.
- Must pass a criminal background check, be 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- This position is considered a healthcare worker by the State of Oregon and requires a COVID-19 vaccination or to have a valid medical or religious exemption.
- Responsible to manage, recruit, hire, coach, train, supervise and discipline Direct Support Professionals (DSPs)
- Schedule and arrange Direct Support Professional (DSP) and respite care services for our families. Ensure that support hours are appropriately delivered, including respite hours and DSP time
- Train supporters on Behavior, Respite and DSP plans and appropriately carrying out strategies outlined
- Develop and compose Respite and DSP Care Plans in partnership with the individual's team and family
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships and professional boundaries with team members, DSP's, and families
- Establish partnerships with RISE customers, e.g. funding agencies, county case managers, foster parents, etc.
- Be responsible for managing, tracking and billing time.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Coordinate a variety of requests from team and family
- Understand and abide by state regulatory requirements and principles of positive behavior support
- Some travel is required
RISE is driven to break the model of institutionalized care for individuals with disabilities by providing exceptional 1:1 care in a residential home. We live this mission by providing various programs to grow and support our staff. We offer thorough in person and online training to all staff, tuition reimbursement programs, generous time off package (13 paid holidays!), paid parental leave, ongoing career opportunities and more!
Join the RISE team today and know you are making a stand to make the difference in your community!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.