Rise Services, Inc.
Residential Behavior Specialist - La Grande (61329)
La Grande, OR
Do you have a degree in Psychology or Social Services and are passionate about making a difference? This is the perfect role for you!
This position is ideal for someone who is a team player, goal-oriented, and focused on providing a person centered approach towards people with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
Who are we?
RISE is a non-profit organization that specializes in home and community-based support services for children and adults with developmental and other disabilities, children with mental health challenges, and aging adults. For over 30 years, our purpose has remained constant. We create opportunities for and with the people we serve, their families, and for the men and women who work in the direct care profession.
What is a Behavior Support Specialist?
Behavior Specialists create, model, teach, and provide positive behavioral intervention to children and adults with autism, intellectual disabilities, and/or mental health needs. This position works regularly with case managers, client's personal support system, medical professional and RISE staff to ensure client's receive the highest level of care.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Science, Special Education or other related field required.
- At least one year experience working with Developmentally Disabled individuals required.
- Strong communication and organization skills required. Must have the ability to problem solve, and to work independently as well as being committed to work with a team.
- This position requires on-call accessibility and some travel is required.
- This position is considered a healthcare worker by the State of Oregon and requires a COVID-19 vaccination or to have a valid medical or religious exemption.
- Training in principles in positive behavior support with experience and education in the field of developmental disabilities (such as OIS and positive behavior supports).
- Must have interest and experience supporting difficult behaviors for individuals who are diagnosed with developmental disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- Must be able to work effectively with a team of professional staff in a manner that ensures interventions and services are coordinated in an effective manner in supporting clients.
- Must have a person-centered philosophy, be dedicated to quality support for individuals, self-motivated, honest, dependable and flexible.
- Strength in Microsoft Word, Excel and written correspondence/documentation.
RISE is driven to break the model of institutionalized care for individuals with disabilities by providing exceptional 1:1 care to the individuals we get to serve. We live this mission by providing various programs to grow and support our staff. We offer thorough in person and online training to all staff, tuition reimbursement programs, generous time off package (13 paid holidays!), paid parental leave, ongoing career opportunities and more!
Join the RISE team today and know you are making a stand to make the difference in your community!
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 866-268-8885
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone - 1-866-242-2714: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY
RISE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.